Library Assistant I (Part-Time)
Are you looking for a job where you can join a team of fun, motivated library professionals who are committed to providing excellent service to the community? We are seeking a flexible, reliable, and organized individual to join the Columbia County Rural Library District for the position of Library Assistant I. The current opening is for one part-time (19 hours/week) position at the Dayton Memorial Library.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a great sense of humor, friendly customer service skills, attention to detail, and strong written and verbal communication. Library Assistants are expected to provide great customer service, handle circulation and financial transactions, communicate policies, resolve account issues in a positive manner, answer general questions, troubleshoot equipment, and assist with the flow of library materials. Strong customer service attitude, verbal communication, passion for reading, and computer skills are essential in our ideal candidate.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 6 months customer service
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows , Microsoft Office, internet- including email, database searches and web searches
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Current driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Previous library experience
- Experience with Koha ILS
- Familiarity with web design, maintenance
- Familiarity with social media
Library Board of Trustees Member
Info coming soon!