CCRLD News Blog
OneClick Digital -- one of our eAudiobook lenders -- is offering a webinar (online training) that demonstrates the service’s features on May 1st at noon!
The 45-minute program also includes a complete tour of the service and shows you how to create an account, install the OneClickdigital Media Manager, search for content, manage checkouts, and download and transfer audiobooks to listening devices.
You may register here: Tue, May 1, 2012 Noon - 1:00 PM PST
Please contact us to put any of these titles on reserve (hold)
382-4131 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbia County Rural Library District now provides email notification for various notices. The default notifications are:
- Advanced three-day notification prior to when an item is due.
- Overdue notification when an item is 10, 30, and 180 days overdue plus a letter will also be sent when an item is 30 and 180 days overdue.
- Holds filled notification lets you know there is an item awaiting pickup at the library.
Besides these three email notifications, you can also request notification for:
- Item checkouts giving you a list of items you checked out.
- Item check-ins giving you a list of items that you checked in.
You can also opt out of being notified by email in which case a staff person will call you when you have an overdue item at 10 days and when there is a hold in for you.
You can ask us to set your email notifications or you can do it yourself.
Go to library’s catalog at www.ccrld.lib.wa.us, click on:
- Search Library Catalog.
- Then click on “Log into your account” at the top of the catalog page.
- Once logged into your account, enter your library card number and last name in lowercase.
- Go to “My messaging” on the left-side.
- You can then decide which email notifications you wish to receive by clicking the box or unclicking the box if already checked.
- To opt out of all email notification just click on the “do not notify” box.
- You must have an email address put into your personal settings to receive email notification.
- You can add or remove your email address by going to “My personal details” or request us to do it for you.
If you have never given us your email address and would like to receive email notification, please enter your email under “My personal details” or ask us to do it for you.
Ramp construction on the front of the Library will begin April 2nd and will be completed by the end of April if not sooner, depending on the weather.
- During construction entry to the library will be through the Delany room doors.
- Use book drop in alley.
- There will be noise, especially during the first week when the current steps and landing will be removed.
- Parking will be limited to Clay Street, in front of the Methodist Church, and a small area in front of the Delany room.
When completed, there will be a new ADA approved ramp, steps, wireless ADA operator button at library door, new ADA exterior door on the library side and Delany side and a new interior door coming into the library.
Questions? Please contact Janet at 382-4131.
We've had a lot of questions lately about how to renew your items in the OPAC, or the online library system.
Please note, you can renew materials from the library catalog:
- Go to the Library Catalog
- Click the "Log In" option in the upper right hand corner
- Log in with your 14-digit card number and your last name (all lowercase).
- On your account page, to the right, there is an option to “Renew.”
From there, you can:
- Click the link for a single item renewal
- Check the box of each item you wish to renew (if you only want to renew some of your items) and click “Renew Selected Items” at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Renew All" at the bottom of the page.
If the item does not renew, there is either a hold on the item or it has been renewed too many times. You will then need to return the item as soon as possible.
Questions? Please call us at 382-4131 or email us at library AT daytonwa.net
eBooks are a hot commodity. With many having received an e-reader of some kind as a gift over the holidays, the library community is seeing a massive jump in the number of requests for ebook services. Our own Washington Anytime Library (via Overdrive) has seen an unprecedented number of checkouts and holds since the holiday, and it shows no sign of letting off.
In the meantime, we're seeing patrons a tad dismayed by increased wait times and also that they can't find certain books in the digital format.
Unfortunately, our hands are tied:
"Sadly, unlike a regular person, a library cannot pay Amazon or Barnes & Noble for an eBook and then lend it out to people. We can buy a printed book from these companies, place it on the shelf, and lend it out--but digital content is being treated differently by the publishers and the companies who manage digital content licensing." (Sacramento Public Library, "Why aren't there more eBooks?")
This makes it tough for us to fulfill your needs. Currently, there are five publishers who are refusing to provide viable solutions for libraries:
- Simon and Schuster
- Penguin Group
- Hatchette Book Group
- Brilliance Audio
It's just the tip of the iceberg, however:
- Librarians Feel Sticker Shock as Price for Random House Ebooks Rises as Much as 300 Percent
- Publishers vs. Libraries: an eBook Tug of War
- Major Publishers Pull Plug on New eBooks for Lending Libraries
- Why eBooks still Roil the Publishing World
- eBook Publishers Want Library Borrowing to Be Difficult
Do you think this is wrong? We do, too. If you want to help, we encourage you to make your discontent known by contacting these publishers to let them know what you think.
- Cold Train Coming (Barkdull)
- Warrior (Davis)
- Dealing with Stress
- Dolley Madison
- Harriet Tubman
- John Brown
- Johnny Appleseed
- Muhammad Ali
- P.T. Barnum
- Sharpen Your Debate and Speech Writing Skills
- Sharpen Your Essay Writing Skills
- Sharpen Your Good Grammar Skills
- The Awakening (Chopin)
- Sonoma Rose (Ciaverini)
- Cinnamon Roll Murder (Fluke)
- Midnight Falcon (Gemmell)
- Home Front (Hannah)
- Chasing the Sun (Peterson)
- Lone Wolf (Picoult)
- Amigumi World
- As Always, Julia
- Asian Tofu
- Book of Majors
- Dictionary of Religions and Secular Faiths
- Getting Financial Aid
- Healthy Heart for Life
- Josephus: The Complete Works
- Outlaw Platoon
- People of the First Crusade
- Quilts from the House of Tula Pink
- Sounding the Trumpet
- Stable Smarts
- The Best 376 Colleges
- The Illustrious Dead
- The Landmark Herodotus
- The Light and the Glory
- The Paleo Answer
- The People's Money
- The Survivors
- Wedding Cupcakes